10. New Slang – Shins (2001; Oh, Inverted World; United States)
This band owes so much to Zach Braff.
9. So Beautiful – Pete Murray (2004; Feeler; Australia)
This isn’t as nice a song as people think. You wouldn’t play it at your wedding.
8. Drops Of Jupiter (Tell Me) – Train (2001; Drops Of Jupiter; United States)
I’m pretty certain this song is about drug abuse.
7. No Longer There – Cat Empire (2007; So Many Nights; Australia)
I blame this song for the carbon tax.
6. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz (2008; We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.; United States)
Hawaii seems like a nice place to declare your love.
5. Dakota – Stereophonics (2005; Language. Sex. Violence. Other?; United Kingdom)
This song is amazing when played really loud.
4. Give Me Some Good Luck – Panics (2002; A House On A Street In A Town I’m From; Australia)
I still remember the first time I heard this song: it was on a Nokia mobile phone.
3. Phantom Limb – Shins (2006; Wincing The Night Away; United States)
Shins’ songs are so indecipherable.
2. Mr Brightside – Killers (2004; Hot Fuss; United States)
That’s Julia Roberts’ older brother in this video.
1. Ocean Breathes Salty – Modest Mouse (2005; Good News For People Who Love Bad News; United States)
The best song of the 2000s.