When one of my colleagues resigned to start a new job, he requested for his last day post-lunch festivities an office Star Wars quiz. As the resident trivia buff and filthy casual SW attendee, the honour fell to me to write and present the quiz. Here it is for you to enjoy!
1. Who is the only actor or actress to be nominated for an acting Academy Award for a performance in a Star Wars film?
2. During the opening crawl of Episode IV A New Hope, what is the first sentence that appears after the title card (ie directly after “A New Hope” first appears on screen)?
3. Which alphanumeric satellite was home to the Rebel Alliance’s main military base in A New Hope?
4. What is the name of the white, yeti-like creature that eats Luke’s tauntaun and on what planet are you most likely to encounter one?
5. How many Star Wars films are currently in the all-time Top 10 highest grossing films at the US Box Office?
6. What film in the Star Wars film is currently the highest rated on IMDb’s Top 250?
7. “We would be honoured if you would join us”: who speaks this line and to whom is he or she addressing?
8. Besides Han Solo and Obi Wan, which four characters have uttered “I have a bad feeling about this” (or close variations)?
9. What species is Jabba The Hutt?
10. Which three characters appear to Luke as ghostly images at the end of Return Of The Jedi?
11. At what age does Yoda die?
12. Who is scheduled to direct the third instalment of the new Star Wars trilogy (ie Episode IX)?
13. What is the full name of Anakin Skywalker’s mother?
14. A bongo is a conveyance specifically for that type of location/environment?
15. Which actress portrays Queen Amidala’s handmaiden Sabé?
16. Which of the seven Star Wars film is ranked lowest on the all-time US Box Office? And lowest rated on IMDb?
17. On what date did the original Star Wars film open in the US?
18. Attack Of The Clones was primarily filmed in which country?
19. How many moons does the planet Coruscant have? And what does the word ‘coruscant’ mean?
20. For what reason is New York native Ahmed Best an object of Star Wars derision?
21. Complete this Star Wars-inspired lyric from a Red Hot Chili Peppers song that placed #7 in the Hottest 100 of 2000: “Space may be the final frontier but it’s made in a Hollywood basement. Cobain can you hear the spheres singing songs off station to station…”?
22. Which actor who died in 2015 appeared prominently in both the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings films? And which extant actor appeared in Star Wars, Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia franchises?
23. What adjective is used to describe versatile utility droids such as R2-D2 and BB-8?
24. What relation is Kylo Ren to Luke Skywalker?
25. What locale (and specificity is looked kindly upon) is described on the official Star Wars databank as being “a dimly-lit tavern known for its strong drinks, hot tunes, and occasional outbreaks of shocking violence”?
26. Draw the basic shape/outline of a TIE Fighter? And what does the TIE stand for?
27. What has been variously described in Star Wars films as being a “piece of junk”, a “bucket of bolts” and “garbage”?
28. Which film serial of the 1930s, rebooted and referenced many times over since, served as George Lucas’ primary inspiration for the original Star Wars film?
29. What are you most likely to find if you explore the Great Pit of Carkoon?
30. Luke Skywalker says, “He told me enough! He told me you killed him!”, how does Darth Vader respond?